The monetary system of Ethiopia is decimal based, with the primary unit of Ethiopian money being called the Ethiopian Birr. The fractional unit, Santim, is alternately listed in various sources as Centime and Cent. The names and relative values of the coins depicted above are, from left to right:
- One Santim - 1/100 of a Birr
- Five Santim - 5/100 of a Birr
- Ten Santim - 10/100 of a Birr
- Twenty-five Santim - 25/100 of a Birr
- Fifty Santim - 50/100 of a Birr
Please note that this listing only includes the coins in circulation. There will be paper money circulating as well.Coin collectors who are looking for Ethiopia Coin Values will find them at Don's World Coin Gallery.