The monetary system of Egypt is decimal based, with the primary unit of Egyptian money being called the Egyptian Pound. The names and relative values of the coins depicted above are, from left to right:
- Five Piastres - 5/100 of a Pound
- Ten Piastres - 10/100 of a Pound
- Twenty Piastres - 20/100 of a Pound
- Twenty-five Piastres - 25/100 of a Pound
- Fifty Piastres - 50/100 of a Pound
- One Pound - 100/100, 1 full Pound
Please note that this listing only includes the coins in circulation. There will be paper money circulating as well.Coin collectors who are looking for Egypt Coin Values will find them at Don's World Coin Gallery.