Question: How Many Coins are in a Regular Roll of Coins?
There are several types of rolls of U.S. coins available. The summary below lists each common type of circulating U.S. Coin, as well as how many coins are in the standard, or shotgun, coin roll. A half-roll will have half as many, and a double shotgun roll will have twice as many.
Answer: Here is the breakdown:
- Cent rolls have 50 coins; $0.50 value
- Nickel rolls have 40 coins; $2.00 value
- Dime rolls have 50 coins; $5.00 value
- Quarter rolls have 40 coins; $10.00 value
- Half Dollar rolls have 20 coins; $10.00 value
- Dollar rolls have 25 coins; $25.00 value
New to coin collecting and want to learn more? Join my free weekly newsletter now!