1. Home
James Bucki

Melt Values for Silver Coins

By January 11, 2013

Silver Melt Values Chart With the price of silver going up and down daily, United States silver coins are worth many times their stated face value. For example, if silver is selling at $30.00 per troy ounce, a simple Washington quarter minted between 1932 and 1964 (made of 90% silver) has almost $5.50 worth of silver in it. That is over twenty times what it is worth than if you were to spend it at the store! Most coin dealers will pay you approximately the prices listed in this table for your silver coins. You can use the complete silver coin value chart to see how much your silver coins are worth.

Quick Links:

Comments

January 17, 2013 at 1:09 am
(1) Jay says:

I have a coin collection and I like to know how to go about finding the value of my collection. Any suggestion on where to go and advice I would really appreciate. I live in New Jersey.

January 17, 2013 at 7:07 pm
(2) Jim Bucki says:

Jay,

The first step is to catalog your collection so you know what you got. This article can get you started: http://coins.about.com/od/caringforcoins/a/Cataloging-Your-Coin-Collection.htm

January 17, 2013 at 7:59 am
(3) Lee Gaffner says:

I was under the impression that it is illegal to melt down U.S. coins.

January 17, 2013 at 9:21 am
(4) Jim Bucki says:

I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that it is only illegal to melt pennies and nickels.

January 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm
(5) Billdingo says:

Melt value = the value of coins — raw or slabbed–between G4 and MS70 (or PR70) if a coin dealer is buying them from you. (See also definition for “Your coins are all worthless crap.”)

January 27, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(6) Dr. Jeff says:

But , in terms of accumulating, it’s always important to consider the most metal for the money.