1. Home
James Bucki

2012 United States Mint Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set

By September 5, 2012

2012 United States Mint Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set According to a press release that I received today from the U.S. Mint, the Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set will again be available to collectors beginning September 6 at noon Eastern Time (ET). The set includes uncirculated quality versions of the dollar coins produced by the United States Mint in 2012:

• Four Presidential $1 Coins struck at the United States Mint at Philadelphia. The obverses (heads sides) bear the images of Chester Arthur, Grover Cleveland (first and second terms) and Benjamin Harrison, and the reverses (tails sides) bear a striking rendition of the Statue of Liberty.
  • One Native American $1 Coin struck at the United States Mint at Denver. The obverse features the familiar image of Sacagawea, and the reverse features a Native American and horse in profile with horses running in the background, representing the historical spread of the horse.
  • One American Eagle Silver Dollar Coin struck at the United States Mint at West Point. The obverse depicts Adolph Weinman's famous "Walking Liberty" image, and the reverse depicts the heraldic eagle with shield, an olive branch in the right talon and arrows in the left.

The set is presented in a folder with a description of each coin. A Certificate of Authenticity is printed on the back of the folder. It is initially priced at $54.95. It was last offered in 2008.

Image Courtesy of: The United States Mint, www.usmint.gov

Stay Connected to Coins

Subscribe to my FREE About Coins Newsletter to stay informed about big news and new articles on coin collecting.

Comments

September 7, 2012 at 6:59 am
(1) coiny says:

I bought these sets in 2007 and 2008. Not much seems to be known about them. When i wanted to sell them, i was offered about face value for everything i have. That’s not much of a move in value in two to three years. If worse comes worse, i will let them go at near face.

coiny

September 7, 2012 at 11:34 am
(2) Wayne says:

I’m a bit confused about this set!!! According to the photo of the coins depicted here and at http://www.usmint.gov (Which I’m assuming by the similarity are the same photograph) the set is short one dollar – Namely the Native Americal dollar coin. The silver American Eagle and the four presidential dollars are plainly evident but the Sacagawea dollar doesn’t show up anywhere. Are there any answers or comments that would explain this?

September 7, 2012 at 11:45 am
(3) Wayne says:

Excuse the previous post commenting on the Native American dollar being missing in the photos – I’m not sure how I overlooked or miscounted – I’ve got 5 fingers on each hand so I have no further excuse except for lack of sleepiing more than 3 or 4 hours the past few days – Either that or advancing age. I’ve been assured that it gets worse.

September 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm
(4) coiny says:

Not to worry Wayne, it gets worse. I roll with it. Less sleep in old age. The coins? Well, they stay the same no matter how bad we get.
The object is to try and have some fun whether we are in, or out of our minds. :-)

coiny

September 13, 2012 at 11:31 am
(5) Tony H. says:

Coin sets like these are a waste of money, in my opinion. (The Mint seems to be more like a retailer of money nowadays than they used to.) They package, market and sell coins, at a profit…usually. On the other hand; If you are a collector like me, buy the mint & proof sets. All of the above coins are in them, except for the Silver Eagle. I break the main boxes apart to get the smaller denominations out for my sets. The presidential dollars stay right in their packaging and I store them in the U.S. Mint boxes designed for that purpose. Whether or not complete sets of the Presidential dollars in their original packaging will be worth more (or less), in the future is anyones guess at this point.

September 24, 2012 at 5:10 am
(6) coiny says:

I’m on a computer now. No restrictions. Funny thing about the mints web site. The enlarge item button dosen’t work for me period. Has it ever worked? Just wondering. I never could use it on msntv. I accepted that. Since i’m on this here computer, why not look to see what’s up at the mint.

And that’s what i’d like to know.

coiny

November 11, 2012 at 7:53 pm
(7) james says:

i have a American EagleSilver dollar
where can i sell it

December 16, 2012 at 7:44 pm
(8) Lyn says:

I’m new to coin collecting and got a roll of Sacagawea dollars from my bank. They are wrapped in yellow paper that says $25.00 Golden Dollars Directly from the U.S. Mint. This is probably an obvious question but would these be uncirculated? There is no date on the wrap and I’m dying to find out if they are all the same or different. I don’t want to open them though if they are uncirculated. Thanks!